Imagine this: you’re curled up on the couch, excited to start that new show everyone’s been talking about. But wait, there’s a problem – your Toshiba Fire TV sound is not working! Don’t panic! This is a common issue, and there are several ways to get your audio back on track.
Usually, the sound of a Toshiba Fire TV may not work when there’s an issue with the connection or there’s an error in the sound settings. In this article, you’ll get to know why the sound of a Toshiba Fire TV may not work and what you can do to fix the issue.
Why the Sound of Your Toshiba Fire TV Is Not Working
Here are some possible reasons the sound of your Toshiba Fire TV is not working:
- Muted audio: This might seem obvious, but sometimes the simplest things slip through the cracks. So, make sure you double-check the volume settings on your Fire TV whenever it gives no sound.
- Incorrect audio output: Your Toshiba Fire TV requires an audio output signal to work fine. While you ensure that the audio output cable is well connected you also need to verify its setting to be sure is activated. Go to Settings > Display & Sounds > Audio Output.
- HDMI cable issues: A faulty HDMI cable can disrupt audio transmission. Remember that the HDMI cable that binds your TV with your decoder is also responsible for relaying the sounds. So, try use a different cable or connect directly to your TV speakers.
- Hardware malfunction: In rare cases, a hardware issue with your Toshiba Fire TV could be the culprit.
How to Fix the Sound Issue on Your Toshiba Fire TV
Now that you have a better idea of what might be causing the problem, it’s time to learn about some troubleshooting techniques. Here are ways to ensure the sound of your Toshiba Fire TV is working:
1. Restart the TV
This simple step can often clear up minor glitches. Usually, when your Toshiba Fire TV is suffering from sound defects, it could be a software error. Unless there’s a bigger issue affecting the system, a simple restart can fix the problem. To restart a Toshiba Fire TV, simply unplug the TV and plug it back.
2. Turn on the TV’s Speakers
Sometimes you may need to turn on the speakers of the TV to get it pushing out sounds. Follow these simple steps to turn on the sound of your Toshiba Fire TV: Go to settings (using the TV’s remote control) > Display & Sounds > Sound Settings > Advanced Settings. Under advanced settings, locate ‘TV Speakers’ under it and switch it on if it’s off.
3. Check Cable Connections
Ensure all HDMI cables are securely plugged in at both ends of the TV and the audio source. At the back of your TV, make sure you unplug whatever cable you plug in the HDMI ARC port and fix the cable in any of the regular HDMI port. Using the HDMI ARC port might have transferred the sound of your TV to the speaker connected with it. So, to use the in-built speaker, switch to the normal HDMI port.
4. Change Audio Output
Televisions work with different audio output formats, ranging from Dolby Digital to the Pulse-Code Modulation (PCM). These audio formats are designed to suit your specific audio needs. Mind you, if you intend to use the in-built speakers in your TV, PCM is the best sound option, since it lacks compression.
That said, to change your Toshiba Fire TV audio settings, go to settings (using the TV’s remote control) > Display & Sounds > Audio Output > Digital Audio Format. Then change the digital audio format to PCM.
5. Factory Reset the TV
This should be a last resort, as it will erase all your data and settings. To factory reset your Toshiba Fire TV, go to Settings > Device and Software > Reset to Factory Defaults.
Note: If you’ve tried all of the above and your sound is still not working, contact Toshiba support for further assistance.
Additional Tips To Ensure the Sound of Your Fire TV Works
Rather than relying solely on the sound of your Fire TV, you can enhance the sound experience through the following means:
- Connect a soundbar or external speakers: This can enhance your audio experience and bypass potential issues with your TV speakers.
- Use a Bluetooth speaker: You can also pair your Toshiba Fire TV with a Bluetooth speaker for wireless audio experience.
Troubleshooting a Toshiba Fire TV sound problem can be frustrating, but it’s often fixable. With these steps, you can get your audio working again and enjoy your favorite shows and movies without any interruptions.